What information do we collect?
We collect information, including when you:
- Purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about our products and services in our stores, website, or mobile applications
- Create an account
- Connect with us regarding customer service via or on social media platforms
- Visit our website
- Use a social media service, for example, Sybil Wellness's Facebook page
- Sign up for e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications from us
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to one of our surveys, or participate in a focus group
- Provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input
Types of information we collect include:
- Your name
- Your mailing address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone (or mobile) number
- Your drivers' license number
- Your credit/debit card number
- Your purchase/return/exchange information
To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs). We do not store or save any credit card/payment information.
How is this information used?
Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, returns/exchanges, or requests for information, or to otherwise serve you
- Provide services such as Wishlist & Shopping Cart Contents
- Administer sweepstakes and contests
Our Marketing Purposes
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, in-store receipt messages, e-mails, and mobile messages
- Send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions
- Administer promotions
- Improve the effectiveness of our website, stores, mobile experience, and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our guests and our business
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the CCPA) provides consumers who are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section explains those rights and applies only to California residents.
- You have the right to opt-out of our sale of your personal information.
- You have the right to request deletion of the personal information collected or maintained by us. Please note that deleting your information will remove your purchase history from our records and we will be unable to provide you with a record of your purchases.
- You have the right to request (up to twice in a 12-month period) that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell, including:
- Categories of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of sources from which we collected the personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information during the preceding 12 months.
- Specific pieces of personal information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 21 years old or older.
California Proposition 65
We disclose all ingredients in our products to satisfy satisfy California Proposition 65 requirements.
No items that are sold by Sybil Wellness or any of our subsidiaries contain substances identified as harmful under the definitions set forth by California Proposition 65. Our items are certified annually ensuring that they continue to meet this standard.
This policy was last modified on 10/02/2022.
405 W. Presqueisle Street,
Philipsburg, PA, 16866